In August 2019 a presentation was made at the OWG’s annual Skills Builder Meeting. The topic was building and using a MultiFunction Table (MFT) similar to those made popular by Festool and others. Here are notes from that demonstration.
Here are some sources. They are posted as of August 2019 and as we know, links don’t age well on the Internet. And I’m too lazy to keep them updated, so you may have to do your own research. I readily admit that most of what I know I owe to Dave Stanton’s YouTube videos. He has a gift for clearly explaining the how-to of building an MFT.
- Baltic Birch or similar plywood of desired size. A 4’ x 2’ sheet is typical.
- UJK Parf Guide System (if possible) https://tinyurl.com/yyle7stl
- Rockler Bench Cookies
- Threaded Insert Nuts http://amzn.to/2DgVVPr
- T Track, T Bolts & Star Nuts http://amzn.to/2xBn6Ca
- Festool Adhesive Cushion Strip http://amzn.to/2ge98mn
- Safety equipment (glasses, hearing protection, dust mask, etc.)
- Drill http://amzn.to/2wxAieB
- Drill Guide http://amzn.to/2gdFiP7
- Dewalt Trim Router
- Kreg Bench Clamp http://amzn.to/2wxEP0q