Hard and somewhat sad that we are well past midsummer and easing ever so steadily into the Northwest autumn. But of course, the cooler weather has many benefits and the season is glorious in its own ways. Our aim for our last summer meeting is to prepare you for that extra woodshop time we hope you can find. The leaves can wait.
The August meeting will feature a member symposium; that is, a collection of topics presented by guild members. Our agenda includes the following topics and presenters:
- Terry Liberty – Dovetail Joint Demonstration
- Hathan Gullickson – Sharpening (Bring out your tools!)
- Bill Cogswell – Router Basics
- Ron Fuller – Tuning a bandsaw
The details of the August meeting follow:
- Where: Arbutus Folk School Woodshop; 610 4th Ave E, Olympia, WA 98501
- Downtown Olympia, next to Olympia Coffee Roasters and across the street from City Hall. Street parking is free after 5:00 pm.
- When: Monday, August 27th, 2018. Doors open at 6:30 pm. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm and ends around 9:00 pm.
- Who: The Olympia Woodworkers Guild.
- Also: Bring your show and tell items and any woodworking questions for the meeting.