The next Meeting is Monday, December 2nd, 2019 at the Arbutus Folk School Woodshop.
First up, a reminder about the meeting date. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, we do not hold a November meeting. We combine our November and December meetings into one single event, usually held in the first week of December.
Our combined meeting will be Monday, December 2nd, 2019. Same time and location. (That is, doors open at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7 pm. The place is the Arbutus Folk School woodshop, 610 Fourth Ave E, Olympia, WA.)
Our featured speaker at this meeting is Dan Seachord. Dan is a charter Guild member. For those of you who were on this year’s Tour of Shops, you will remember the beautiful inlay work that Dan creates using metal wire, minerals, and other materials. It is very unusual and a very striking way to step-up woodworking. (See pictures below of Dan’s work).
Another reminder for you is that the Guild is no longer keeping your name badges. You must bring them (and take them home!)
Zac lives in Port Orchard, WA.
The details of the meeting follow:
- Where: Arbutus Folk School Woodshop; 610 4th Ave, Olympia, WA 98501
- Downtown Olympia, next to Olympia Coffee Roasters and across the street from City Hall. Street parking is free after 5:00 pm.
- When: Monday, October 28th, 2019. Doors open at 6:30 pm. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm and ends around 9:00 pm.
- Who: The Olympia Woodworkers Guild.
- Also: DO NOT Bring your show and tell items and any woodworking questions for this meeting.