NEXT MEETING IS MONDAY, March 25th, 2019
Regular time and place (Arbutus Folk School at 6:30 pm).
Our March meeting will feature local Shoji artisan Edward Crowell.
This month offers another chance to provide a fine presentation. Our speaker for the meeting is Edward Crowell from Shoji Designs. Edward has been a wood craftsman for decades. He completed a boat building apprenticeship and was lead carpenter in a cabinet shop that specialized in yacht interiors. He is also accomplished in the fine art of guitar building. After years of fine woodworking experience, he opened his own shop specializing in high-end custom furniture. A longtime interest in Japanese art and antiques led to a focus on shoji screens, which are now the center of his shop’s creative focus.
Shoji Designs Inc is a family run business and ships custom-crafted shoji screens in the continental United States as well as to Hawaii and Canada. Their website is www.shojidesigns.com. This promises to be a very informative presentation for the Guild.
The details of the meeting follow:
- Where: Arbutus Folk School Woodshop; 610 4th Ave, Olympia, WA 98501
- Downtown Olympia, next to Olympia Coffee Roasters and across the street from City Hall. Street parking is free after 5:00 pm.
- When: Monday, March 25th, 2019. Doors open at 6:30 pm. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm and ends around 9:00 pm.
- Who: The Olympia Woodworkers Guild.
- Also: Bring your show and tell items and any woodworking questions for the meeting.